My idea today was to start with the logo text of the (planned) game. Simple line art was already finished so I could start using colors. After some time I got to the point where I checked google images for old demoscene logos to find out how things
could be done look in the end.
One hour later I came to the conclusion that it was too ambitious to go with the logo first and I switched to a simple shape. I wanted to have a thick black outline and no black lines inside the object, tried a few color sets. Much more time later than I was hoping to invest I got something done which was Ok (I think). Not perfect, but pretty nice for the moment.
Edit: updated the picture using transparencies for outer anti aliasing.